Welcome to the CS-Framework Project Web
Welcome to the CS-Framework Project Web. This open source project has been startet recently.
The CS-Framework was originally developed by Dietrich Beck and Holger Brand, members of the
Control System group
within the Experiment Electronic department
CS is a framework that can be used for many experiments.
CS is a LabVIEW based, multi-threaded, event driven, object oriented and distributed framework with SCADA functionality.
An experiment control system can be developed by combining the CS framework with experiment specific add-ons.
CS is supported on MS-Windows, Linux and the real-time OS Pharlap (LabVIEW RT).
Current Activities and Plans to establish this Open Source Project
- Currently all CS developers are checking existing code.
- The deadline for the checkin of existing code into the LabVIEW buildin SCC is March 1st 2006.
- Then we will take a snapshot of the LabVIEW buildin SCC.
- Next we will reorganize the CS class library to make the dependencies more transparent.
- Checkin of the reorganized CS class library to our local SubVersion (SVN) repository at GSI.
- Wait for SubVersion at SourceForge.net. We prefer Subversion because LabVIEW VIs are binary files and SubVersion can deal withbinary much more efficient that CVS.
- Checkin of the GSI SVN repository into the SourceForge.net SVN repository.
- Change project status from planning to online.
Welcome to join this project.
Regards Holger Brand